How to prepare Pineapple Rasam Recipe
The Pineapple rasam is a nice variety of rasam. It is a combination of sweet, sour and spicy. It is the most comforting food and a very popular south Indian dish. The dish is like ‘Tasty Bhi Healthy Bhi’ and unique by it’s flavor.
- ¼ cupTur dal (cooked)
- 1 slittedGreen chili
- 1 teaspoonRasam powder
- A pinchTurmeric powder
- A pinchHing (asafoetida)
- 1/3 cupPineapple (small pieces)
- ¼ cupPineapple juice(fresh)
- For theseasoning
- 1 teaspoonGhee(butter)
- ½ teaspoonMustard seeds
- ½ teaspoonCumin seeds
- LittleCurry leaves
- Take ¾ cup of water in a pan and add hopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, rasam powder, salt needed, slitted green chilli, pineapple pieces, curry leaves and hing in the water.
- Now, put the pan on flame and boil it for a few minutes.
- Put the cooked dal, pineapple juice and 3/4-1 cup of water in the mixture. When you see froth forming on the top, off the flame and remove the pan.
- Now, heat a teaspoon ghee, put the cumin and mustard seeds and then mix it in then, put it over rasam.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice and curries.
You can also use sambhar powder in place of rasam powder. You can also have pineapple rasam, it as a soup.
Also see: South Indian Tasty Mango Rasam Recipe
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe