How to Make Bajra Khichdi Recipe
When one thinks of homely food, Khichdi is the first option that comes to mind. A wholesome Khichdi can warm your heart and make you comfortable and this sumptuous Bajra Khichdi is sure to live up your expectations.
- 1/2 cupBajra (black millet) , soaked for 8 hours and drained
- 1/2 cupYellow Moong dal (split yellow gram),washed and drained
- 1 tbspGhee
- 1 tspCumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tspTurmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tspAsafoetida (hing)
- Saltto taste
- Add Bajra, moong dal, salt, and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 35 min.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds and when the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked Bajra and moong dal and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Serve it.
Nutrient values per serving
- Energy337 calories
- Protein14.0 gm
- Carbohydrate 50.1 gm
- Fat 9.0 gm
- Iron 4.7 mg
- Fibre7.7 gm
This Recipe Rate : (0) Reviews
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe