How to Make Palak Chole Recipe
Chickpea( Chole) and spinach is an incredible combination. Palak Chole is a healthy, protein-rich dish. As chickpea is a great source of protein and spinach is a storehouse of iron. You can relish this dish with any Indian flat bread for lunch or dinner. Follow this recipe.
- 1/2 cupkabuli chana (white chickpeas)
- saltto taste
- 4 cupsspinach (palak) leaves
- 2 tbspghee
- choppedgarlic (lehsun)
- 2 tspchopped green chilies
- 1/2 cupchopped tomatoes
- 2 tspchopped ginger (adrak)
- 2 tbsplemon juice
- 2 tspPunjabi garam masala(for the see the notes below)
- 1 tspcoriander (dhania) powder
- 2 tbspchopped coriander (dhania) for the garnish
- Clean, wash and soak the kabuli chana overnight and next day, wash again, drain, add 11/4 cups of water and salt and pressure cook for 30 min and keep it aside to cool.
- Heat a vessel full of water and blanch the spinach leaves in the water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add garlic and green chilies and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and ginger and mix it well.
- Reduce the flame and cook until the ghee separates.
- Add kabuli chana along with the water and salt and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach puree, lemon juice, Punjabi garam masala and coriander powder and stir it well.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
- Dry roast cumin seeds, cardamoms, caraway seeds, black peppercorns, coriander, fennel seeds, cinnamon, bay leaves, and nutmeg in a broad non-stick pan for 2 to 3 minutes and stir occasionally and keep it aside to cool.
- Grind this dry roasted mixture in a mixer into a smooth fine powder.
- Transfer the powder into a bowl, add ginger powder and mix it well.
- Sieve the powder well and discard the leftover coarse powder and store in an air-tight container and use whenever needed.
Check More Chole Recipes
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe