Varalakshmi Vratham Special Rava Vada Recipe
Rava Vada is a deep fried savory dish of South Indian cuisine. This dish is made with semolina, yogurt, and various seasoning. This vada is crispy from outside and soft from inside. These vadas are so tasty and tempting and also very easy to prepare. The rava vada is best paired with sambar and coconut chutney. Try this vada recipe this Varalakshmi Vratham.
- 1 cuprava/ Bombay rava/ semolina/ sooji
- ¾ cupcurd/ yogurt, sour
- 1 tspcumin seeds/ jeera
- 1green chili, finely chopped
- 5curry leaves/ kadi patta, finely chopped
- 1 inchginger/ adrak, finely chopped
- 2 tbspcoriander leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsponion, finely chopped
- saltto taste
- waterif required, to prepare dough
- oilfor deep frying
- In a bowl, add rava, curd and then add cumin seeds, green chili, ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves, onion and salt and mix it nicely.
- Add extra water or curd if required and if the dough, turn watery then add a little more semolina/ rava and keep it aside for 25 minutes, so that the sooji absorbs moisture and swells.
- Wet your hand and place a portion of the mixture in your palm and flatten it slightly.
- Make a hole in the center with your index finger.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, upturn your hand and slowly drop the vada in oil
- Deep-fry the vada till both sides turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Drain in a tissue paper and serve it with chutney and relish its flavor and taste.
- Also add a pinch of soda if you prefer to have a fluffy vadas.
- Adding onions, chili and ginger are optional, Vadas can also be prepared plain.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Easy South Indian Masala Dosa Recipe