Varalakshmi Vratham Special Semiya Payasam Recipe
Semiya (Vermicelli) Payasam is an authentic South Indian dessert recipe. This classic dessert dish is made with milk, vermicelli and dry fruits. This dessert has a nice thick creamy texture and also has a nice wonderful flavor.This dessert is generally made during the festival or special occasion. Let’s follow this recipe.
- 1/2 cupvermicelli (seviyan)
- 3 cupsfull-fat milk
- 1/2 cupsugar
- 2 tbspghee
- 10-15cashew nuts (kaju)
- 10-15raisins (kismis)
- 1/4 tspcardamom (elaichi) powder
- Heat ½ tbsp of ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the vermicelli and fry on a low flame for 2 minutes or till it turns light brown in color and keep it aside.
- In a deep pan, add milk and ½ cup of water, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the roasted vermicelli, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes and stir occasionally and keep it aside.
- Heat 1½ tbsp of ghee in a small non-stick pan, add the cashew nuts and fry on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the raisins and fry on a medium flame for a few seconds and switch off the flame and pour this fried nut mixture over the Payasam along with the cardamom powder and mix it well.
- Once done, switch off the flame and transfer it on a serving bowl and serve it warm or chilled.
- Energy 373 cal
- Protein 7.7 g
- Carbohydrates 36.5 g
- Fiber 0.1 g
- Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Vitamin A 300.9 mg
- Vitamin B1 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B2 0.2 mg
- Vitamin B3 0.3 mg
- Vitamin C 1.5 mg
- Folic Acid 8.4 mg
- Calcium 319.5 mg
- Iron 0.8 mg
- Magnesium 0 mg
- Phosphorus 0 mg
- Sodium 29.4 mg
- Potassium 138.7 mg
- Zinc 0.2 mg
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Yummy Tandoori Roti Recipe