Varalakshmi Vratham Special Kala Chana Sundal Recipe
Kala Chana Sundal is a traditional South Indian recipe which you can easily prepare in your home. This dish is made with kala chana, grated coconut, curry leaves and asafoetida. This dish has an amazing flavor, a wonderful taste, and also has a nice texture. The additional of coconut, makes this more tasty and flavorful. This dish perfect for any o festival or special occasion.
- 2 cupssoaked and boiled kala chana (brown chick peas)
- 1 tbspcoconut oil
- 1-1/2 tspurad dal (split black lentils)
- 1 tspmustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 2whole dry Kashmiri red chilies , broken into pieces
- 5curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1/2 tspasafoetida (hing)
- saltto taste
- 1/4 cupfreshly grated coconut
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the urad dal and fry on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- When the seeds crackle, add the mustard seeds, red chilies, asafoetida and curry leaves and fry on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the kala chana and salt, mix well and fry on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, add the coconut and mix it well and serve it hot.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Easy South Indian Masala Dosa Recipe