Tasty Bedmi Puri Recipe
Bedmi Puri(Spiced Split Black Lentil Puris) is a hearty dish of fried puffed bread with a mixture of lentils and spices. This puri is a calorie rich and for an indulgent breakfast on a festive day or special occasion. Let’s follow this recipe.
- 1 cupBlack Urad Dal (Split), soaked for 5-6 hours
- 2-1/2 cupsWhole Wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoonAsafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoonGinger,grated
- 2-1/2 teaspoonsFennel Powder
- 4Dry red chilies
- 2 teaspoonsCoriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoonCumin seeds
- 1 teaspoonDry mango powder (amchur)
- 1/2 teaspoonGreen chili paste
- 2 tablespoonCooking oil
- Saltto taste
- Cooking oilto deep fry
- Waterto knead
- In a pan dry roast the red chilies, coriander seeds, and cumin seeds until they are lightly toasted and aromatic and take care not to burn them.
- Cool them down and grind into a coarse powder and reserve for later use.
- Drain the water from the soaked urad dal/split black lentils and add it to the blender and blend the dal to a coarse paste without using any water.
- Transfer the ground dal in a large bowl and add ground chili-coriander powder, amchoor, a teaspoon oil, ginger, salt, fennel powder and asafoetida and mix it evenly.
- Add wheat flour to this mixture and gradually add a little water at a time, as needed and knead the dough into a smooth consistency.
- Knead it well to make medium soft consistency dough which is firm, yet soft and pliable.
- Cover the dough with damp cloth and keep it to rest for 30 minutes and after 30 minutes, knead the dough one more time and divide it into equal sized small balls about the size of a golf ball.
- In a kadhai warm enough oil for deep frying and Take one ball at a time and roll out into a disc of 4 inches.
- When the oil is hot enough, gently slide in the rolled puri and fry it on medium high flame until puffed and golden brown from all the side.
- Remove from the oil using a slotted spoon and place on absorbent paper.
- Serve the Bedmi Puris with any aloo sabzi.
Also, Read Badam Halwa Sweet Recipe
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Easy South Indian Masala Dosa Recipe