Tasty and Easy Masala Pav Recipe
Masala Pav is a yummy street food which is very popular in India. A spicy, tangy gravy coated with pav. Try this recipe for an evening snack and enjoy your tea time.
For The Masala
- 4 tbspbutter
- 1 tbspcumin seeds (jeera)
- 4 tbspred chili-garlic paste
- 1 1/4 cupsfinely chopped onions
- 1 cupfinely chopped capsicum
- 4 cupsfinely chopped tomatoes
- To tasteSalt
- 1/2 tspchili powder
- 1 tbsppav bhaji masala( Easily available in the market)
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tbsplemon juice
- 8 tspbutter
- 8ladi pav
- A fewlemon wedges
For the masala
- In a deep kadhai heat butter and add the cumin seeds and when the seeds crackle, add the red chili-garlic paste and saute on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add onions, capsicum and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the onions turn translucent and stir occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, salt, chili powder, pav bhaji masala and 1 cup of water, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Mash it lightly, add the chopped coriander and simmer for a minute and add the lemon juice and mix it well.
- Divide into equal portions and keep it aside.
How to proceed
- Heat 1 tsp of butter on a non-stick tawa (griddle), add a portion of the prepared masala and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Slit a pav vertically, open and place it on the masala and spread the masala evenly over the pav till it gets evenly coated from all the sides.
- Serve it with lemon wedges.
Also, Check Baked Bread Roll Recipe
By Meghna Nath
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe