Healthy Barley Soup Recipe
Barley Soup is a wholesome dish that you can make for weeknight dinners. Barley is a versatile cereal. It is rich in fiber and vitamin B. When the weather is cold a bowl of barley soup will not only improve your health but also make a delicious appetite.
- 2 tbspbarley (jau), soaked for 2 hours and drained
- 1 tspoil
- 1 tspfinely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped spring onions whites
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped carrots
- 2 tbspwhole masoor (whole red lentil), washed and drained
- saltto taste
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped spring onion greens
- 2 tbspfinely chopped coriander (dhania)
- freshlyground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add garlic and spring onion whites and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add carrots, masoor, barley, salt and 4½ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 25 min and allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Transfer the barley-masoor mixture in a deep non-stick pan, add tomatoes, spring onion, coriander, a little salt and pepper and mix it well.
- Cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Serve it hot.
- Energy 41 k cal
- Protein 2.2 gm
- Carbohydrates 7.7 gm
- Fat 1.4 gm
- Fibre 0.7 gm
- Iron 0.7 mg
Barley is a good source of fiber, selenium, B vitamins, copper, chromium, phosphorus, magnesium.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe