Masala Chass Spicy Buttermilk Recipe
Masala Chass (Spicy Buttermilk) is a healthy yogurt-based drink, popular in India. This drink is very easy to make and it has a blast of flavors. Chass is a great compliment to any meal, especially during summers. Let’s try this recipe.
- 4 cupsfresh curd (dahi), whisked
- 1/2 teaspoonblack salt (sanchal)
- 2black peppercorns
- 1 teaspooncumin seeds (jeera)
- 1-1/2 teaspoonblack salt
- 1green chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 inchginger
- Fewcoriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoonchaat masala
- In a pan roast cumin seeds and keep it aside to cool down and then grind into a smooth powder and you can even powder it in hand mortar and pestle and keep it aside.
- De-seed the chili and chop roughly and keep it aside.
- In a blender add 4 cups curd, 1 chopped green chili, 3/4 teaspoon roasted cumin powder, 1-1/2 teaspoon black salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala, 1-inch ginger, red chili, chopped coriander leaves, and pour 3 cups chill water and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with some chaat masala and a coriander leaf and serve it chill.
- Serve this Chass with your everyday meals in this Summer and you can even enjoy it before or after having meals.
- Roasted jeera (cumin seeds) powder can be stored for many days in an airtight container and use it whenever needed for chass.
- You can do a lot of variations in this chaas recipe, you can add curry leaves and asafoetida for making your own favorite version.
Check More Lassi Recipes
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe