Methi Makai Maize Roti Recipe
Methi Makai(Maize) Roti is a traditional Punjabi flat bread. It is made from Makai ka atta (Maize flour) mixed with methi(fenugreek). This roti is perfect for morning breakfast and also healthy. To prepare Methi Makai Roti at home follow this recipe.
- 1 cupmaize flour (makai ka atta)
- 4 tbspchopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 2 tspgreen chili paste
- 2 tspoil
- saltto taste
- maize flour(makai ka atta) rolling
- melted butterfor brushing
- In a bowl add maize flour, chopped fenugreek leaves, green chili paste, and 2 tsp oil, and salt.
- Knead into a soft dough by using enough water and knead it very well for at least 5 minutes so it is easy to roll.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll each portion into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle by using a little maize flour.
- Heat a non-stick tawa (griddle) and cook each roti, till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Brush with melted butter and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve this hot roti with sarson ka saag.
Maize flour is a good source of dietary fiber, antioxidants, vitamin B, omega 6 unsaturated fat, and proteins.
- Amt 22 gm
- Energy 38 k cal
- Protein 1.2 gm
- Cho 6.1 gm
- Fat 1.0 gm
- Vitamin A 68.0 mcg
- Vitamin C 2.2 mg
- Calcium 12.1 mg
- Iron 0.4 mg
- Folic Acid 1.1 mcg
- Fibre 0.4 gm
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe