Tasty Vegetable Upma Recipe
Vegetable Upma is a traditional South Indian breakfast dish that is made from semolina(rava) and cooked along with vegetable and spices. The vegetables add taste, crunch and nutrient quotient to the upma. Let’s follow this tasty recipe.
- 1 cupchopped and boiled mixed vegetables(carrot, french beans, and green peas)
- 1 cupsemolina (rava)
- 1 tbspoil
- 1 tspmustard seeds ( rai/sarson)
- 1 tspurad dal (split black lentils)
- 1/4 tspasafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 cupfinely chopped onions
- 5 to 6curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 2 tspginger-green chili paste
- saltto taste
- 2 tbspchopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tbsplemon juice
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, asafoetida, onions and curry leaves and saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add semolina and saute on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the 3½ cups of hot water, all the boiled mixed vegetables, ginger-green chili paste, and salt, mix it well and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add chopped coriander and lemon juice, mix it well and cook on medium flame for 1 minute and stir occasionally.
- Serve it with any chutney of your choice.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe