Healthy Whole Wheat Naan Recipe
Naan is definitely the most popular flat bread in India. Traditionally, naan is prepared with plain flour(maida), which is not at all healthy. Here is the healthy version of naan which is prepared with wheat flour. So Try this healthy naan recipe.
- 2 cupsWhole Wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoonsActive dry yeast
- 3/4 cupLuke Warm Water
- 1 teaspoonSugar
- 2 tablespoonYogurt (Curd)
- Saltto taste
- In a bowl add flour, sugar, salt, and yeast and yogurt and a little lukewarm water at a time and knead to make a smooth dough and knead it well for at least 4 to 5 minutes so the dough gets a good texture once it gets cooked.
- Cover the dough with the muslin cloth and allow it rest in a warm place for at least 2 hours until it doubles in size.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, punch the dough down and knead for a couple of minutes and divide the dough into equal portions and allow it to rest for 10 minutes and the portions of dough will rise again a bit.
- Dust flour on the working surface and roll dough into ovals or circle shape and take care not to roll them too thin.
- Heat a skillet on medium flame, place the rolled whole wheat naan over the heated skillet and cook on both sides.
- You will notice brown spots appear on the top and the naan will puff up with specific pockets.
- If you want you can optionally cook it directly over the flame once it is partially done on the skillet and once done, remove from the skillet and brush with some butter.
- Serve this Naan along with Kadhai Paneer.
Wheat flour is rich in vitamin B 3, vitamin B 1, folic acid, iron, and fiber.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe