Easy and Healthy Khatta Dhokla
Khatta Dhokla or white Dhokla is one of the Gujarati snacks that is loved by all. This recipe of khatta dhokla is a fermented version. It is light, healthy and easy to make. It is best enjoyed when served with chutney.
- 2 cupskhatta dhokla flour ( see below the notes)
- 1/4 cupsour curd (katta dahi)
- 1 1/2 tspgreen chili paste
- 1 1/4 tspoil
- saltto taste
- 3 tspfruit salt
- 1 1/2 tsproasted and coarsely ground black pepper
- Add khatta dhokla flour, curd, green chili paste,1 tsp of oil, warm water (approx 2 1/4 cups) and salt in a bowl and mix it well.
- Keep it aside to ferment for at least 8 to 10 hours and just before steaming, sprinkle the fruit salt and add 2 tsp of water to the batter and when the bubbles form, mix it gently.
- Grease a 175 mm. (7") diameter thali with1/4 tsp of oil.
- Pour 1/3 rd of the batter immediately into the greased thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread it to make an even layer.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder evenly over it and steam in a steamer for 7 to 8 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Cool slightly and cut into diamond shaped equal pieces.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
- To make khatta dhokla flour, combine 1½ cups of rice and ½ cup of urad dal and grind it to make a flour from your nearest flour mill.
- Fermentation time of rice and urad dal may vary depending on the weather conditions.
- Add the fruit salt to the batter just before steaming and then mix lightly with your hands.
Also, Read Gujarati Special Palak Dhokla Recipe
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe