Tasty Egg Drop Curry Recipe
This curry is made from eggs which are cracked and dropped into the spicy gravy. This is a traditional Goan curry which is easy to cook. This curry is perfect with steamed rice and best for any occasions.
- 3Whole Eggs
- 1Onion, finely chopped
- 5Garlic, grated
For the gravy
- 3/4 cupFresh coconut, grated
- 1 tspOnion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cupCoriander seeds
- 1 cupTamarind, marble sized ball
- 1 tspDry red chilies
- 1/2 tspTurmeric powder (Haldi)
- as neededWater
- Saltto taste
- 2 tablespoonCooking oil
- In a blender add onion, coriander seeds, tamarind, turmeric, coconut grated, and 1/2 cup of warm water and add more water if needed and blend into a smooth paste.
- Heat a kadhai/wok, add oil and add 1 small chopped onion and fry until the onion turns soft and translucent.
- Add garlic, stir it for a few seconds until the raw smell of garlic goes away.
- Now pour the blended coconut paste into the onion-garlic mixture and stir it well to combine.
- Add a little water to adjust the consistency of the gravy and add salt and as the curry is boiling, slowly break the egg directly into the gravy at a time.
- Let the eggs get slightly cooked in the gravy and once the eggs are cooked through, turn off the flame and serve it hot.
Check More Goan Recipes
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe