Badam and Khus Khus Milk Recipe
Badam and Khus Khus(Poppy seeds) Milk is a delicious Indian drink which is a simple recipe that is made with milk and poppy seed, almonds(badam). This drink is full of nutrition and is a perfect for kids. This drink can either be served as warm or chilled.
- 1 cupAlmonds, soaked overnight & peeled
- 1/2 cupPoppy seeds/ Khus Khus, soaked overnight
- 1/2 literMilk
- 1/4 cupSugar, or jaggery
- 5Pistachios, slivered
- to tasteCardamom Powder
- 1Glazed Cherries, chopped
- a fewaffron strands, soaked in a teaspoon of milk for 15 minutes
- Soak almonds and khus khus seeds in separate bowls for 6 hours or overnight.
- Peel the skin off the almonds and add the almonds in the blender along with 2 tbsp water and blend into smooth- thick paste and keep it aside.
- Drain the water from the soaked khus khus or poppy seeds and blend into a thick paste.
- In a saucepan, pour the milk and also add the almond and khus khus paste and stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Add sugar and stir till the sugar dissolved and add the cardamom powder, saffron strands, and once the milk thickens a bit and mix it well
- Cook till the flavor is uniform and switch off flame
- Transfer it to a serving glass and top with glazed cherries and serve it hot or if you want to serve it chill then keep it in the refrigerator and serve it chill.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe