Mixed Sprouts Rice Recipe
Mixed Sprouts Rice is a healthy and nutritious rice prepared from mixed sprouts and Indian spices. It is not only filling and delicious but also healthy. It is a perfect main dish for lunch or dinner.
For The Rice
- 1 1/4 cupslong grained rice (basmati), soaked for 15 minutes and drained
- 2 tbspghee
- 1 tspcumin seeds (jeera)
- 2cloves (laung/lavang)
- 1stick of cinnamon (dalchini)
- 1bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2cardamoms, broken lightly
- 1/4 tspturmeric powder (haldi)
- saltto taste
- 1 cupboiled mixed sprouts(whole moong, chick peas, green chana, brown chana)
- 1/2 cupchopped and boiled mixed vegetables (carrots, French beans, green peas etc.)
- 1 tbspbutter
- 1/4 cupgrated onions
- 1 tspgarlic (lehsun) paste
- 1/2 tspchili powder
- 1 tsppav bhaji masala
- 1/2 cupfinely chopped tomatoes
- Saltto taste
- 2 tbspfinely chopped coriander (dhania)
For The Sprouts and Vegetable Mixture
For the rice
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf and cardamom and fry on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and fry on a medium flame for another 1 minute and add the turmeric powder, salt and 2 ½ cups of hot water, mix it well and pressure cook for 20 min and allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep it aside.
For the sprouts and vegetable mixture
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes and stir continuously.
- Add the garlic paste, chili powder, pav bhaji masala, 2 tbsp of water, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute and stir continuously.
- Add the tomatoes and mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled sprouts, boiled mixed vegetables, 2 tbsp of water and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the salt and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute and keep it aside.
How to proceed
- Add the cooked rice into the sprouts and vegetable mixture, mix it lightly and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Fill the rice and sprout vegetable mixture in a glass bowl and de-mold on a serving plate.
How to serve
- Just before serving, reheat the beans curry and add the potato balls, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve it hot with any raita of your chioce.
Also, Read Healthy Oats Porridge Recipe
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe