Healthy Ragi Roti Recipe
Ragi Roti is a staple food of South India, especially Karnataka. It is a healthy and nutritious replacement to the regular roti. A high fiber and calcium rich roti which keeps you full for a longer time. Let’s follow this healthy recipe.
- 1/2 cupragi (nachni / red millet) flour
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped spring onions whites and greens
- 1/4 cupgrated carrot
- 1 1/2 tbspow-fat curd (dahi)
- 1/2 tspgreen chili paste
- saltto taste
- ragi(nachni / red millet) flour for rolling
- In a bowl add ragi, spring onion, grated carrot, curd, green carrot, and salt and
- knead into a soft dough by using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out a portion of the dough into a circle of 100 mm. (4") diameter by using a little ragi flour.
- Place the roti on a non-stick tawa (griddle) fry it for few second and flip it and cook it on the other side for a few more seconds.
- Lift the roti with a pair of flat tongs and roast over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve this hot roti with vegetable raita.
- Energy 52 cal
- Protein 1.4 gm
- Carbohydrates 11.3 gm
- Invisible Fat 0.2 gm
- Fiber 2.0 gm
- Calcium 64.3 mg
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe