Vegetable Wonton Soup Recipe
Vegetable Wonton Soup is an authentic Indo-Chinese soup recipe. This is a delicious soup that is full of flavors and has a good texture. This soup has a soft bit of wonton and gets its flavor from the stock. Try out this tasty soup recipe.
For The Wontons
- 3 tspoil
- 1 tspfinely chopped green chilies
- 1 tspfinely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1/2 cupchopped spring onions whites and greens
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped french beans
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped carrot
- saltto taste
- 1/4 cupgrated processed cheese
- 1/2 cupplain flour (maida)
- plainflour (maida) for rolling
- 1 tbspoil
- 1 tbspchopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 tbspchopped ginger (adrak)
- 2 cupsshredded spinach (palak)
- 1/4 cupchopped spring onions whites
- 5 cupsclear vegetable stock
- 1/2 cupchopped spring onion greens
- saltfreshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
- 1/2 cuproughly chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cuproughly chopped carrot
- 1/4 cupchopped celery
- 2 tbspchopped spring onions (whites and greens)
- 3 to 4cauliflower florets
- 2 tbspfinely chopped spring onion whites and greens
For the Vegetable Stock
For The Garnish
For the wontons
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chilies and garlic and fry on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the spring onion whites and greens and fry on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add cabbage, french beans, carrot and salt and fry on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, add the cheese and mix it well and keep it aside.
- In a bowl add plain flour, 1 tsp of oil and salt, and knead into a soft dough by using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions and roll a portion into 75 mm. ( 3”) diameter circle by using a little plain flour.
- Place a little stuffing in the center and apply a little water along the edges and fold over to make a semi-circle and bring the ends together and press it well.
- Cover it with a damp muslin cloth or a lid and keep it aside.
For the Vegetable Stock
- Combine all the vegetables in a deep non-stick pan with 6 cups of water, mix it nicely and cook on a medium flame for 15 to 20 minutes or till it reduces to about ¾Th of its quantity.
- Strain it using a strainer and keep the vegetable stock aside and discard the vegetables
- Keep the stock aside for later use.
How to proceed
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger, spring onion whites, and fry on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the clear vegetable stock, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, and stir occasionally.
- Add the spinach, spring onion greens and salt, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Put the prepared wontons gradually into the boiling soup, mix it gently and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Garnish ot with spring onion whites and greens and serve it hot.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe