Healthy Ragi Upma Recipe
The nutritive benefits of ragi are well known to everyone. This ragi upma is a healthy and delicious meal. This upma is loaded with calcium and protein. It is a power packed meal which you can have any time in the day. Let’s follow this recipe.
- 1 cupragi (nachni / red millet) flour
- 1/2 cupsemolina (rava)
- 2 tspoil
- 1 tspmustard seeds (rai / sarson)
- a pinchof asafoetida (hing)
- 2 to 3curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 2 1/2 tspfinely chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped onions
- 1/2 cupfinely chopped carrots
- saltto taste
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped coriander leaves (dhania)
- In a board non-stick kadhai dry roast the ragi flour and semolina for 4 to 5 minutes or fry till it turns light brown in color and stir continuously and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and when the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves, green chilies, and onions and fry on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots and fry on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the roasted ragi- semolina mixture and salt and fry on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of hot water and cook on a low flame for 2 to 3 minutes or cook till the water evaporates and stir continuously.
- Add the coriander leaves, mix it well and cover with the lid and keep it aside for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve it hot.
Also, Read Healthy Ragi Malt Preparation
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe