Tawa Chicken Masala Recipe
Tawa Chicken Masala is a popular chicken recipe which is a perfect dish for a special occasion. This chicken dish is not only easy to prepare but also very tempting. This dish can be served with any Indian breads. Try this delicious chicken recipe.
For the Marinate
- 6 tablespoonyogurt (dahi/curd)
- 2 teaspoongarlic paste
- 1 teaspoonginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoonred chili paste
- 1 teaspoongaram masala powder
- Saltto taste
- 4onions, coarsely chopped
- 100gcashew nuts
- 4cloves garlic
- 1 inchginger
- 5 tablespooncoriander seeds
- 3 tablespooncumin seeds
- 10whole black peppercorns
- 5whole black cardamom
- 6-7green cardamom
- A pieceof nutmeg
- Fewcinnamon sticks
- 2 cupsboneless chicken pieces
- 1capsicum, diced
- 1tomato diced
- 2 tablespoonclarified butter
- ½ teaspoongarlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoonginger, chopped
- 1onion, chopped
- 2tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoonred chili powder
- 1 teaspoongaram masala powder
- Fewcoriander leaves, finely chopped
- saltto taste
For making the Gravy
For making Homemade Garam Masala Powder
For the Chicken you will require:
- In a blender add chopped onions, 100g cashew nuts, 4 cloves garlic and 1-inch ginger and one glass of water and blend into smooth paste and then boil the gravy
- For 15 minutes and switch off the flame and keep it aside for later use.
- Heat a pan over medium flame and add 5 tablespoon coriander seeds, 3 tablespoon cumin seeds, 10 black peppercorns, 5 black cardamom, 6-7 green cardamom, 4 cloves, a piece of nutmeg and few cinnamon sticks.
- Roast it for 3-4 minutes, till the nice aroma comes out and then blend together into a smooth powder and keep it aside.
- In a bowl and mix 6 tablespoon yogurt (dahi/curd), 2 teaspoon garlic paste, 1 teaspoon ginger paste, 1/2 teaspoon red chili paste, 1 teaspoon of prepared garam masala powder and salt to taste and add the pieces of chicken, 1 diced tomato and 1 diced capsicum and marinate for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and roast the marinated chicken along with veggies for approx. 15 minutes or till the chicken is 75% cooked.
- Melt 2 tablespoon butter in a big tawa and add one finely chopped onion and fry for a few seconds.
- Then add 1 teaspoon chopped ginger and 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic and stir until golden brown in color.
- Add 2 chopped tomatoes and cook till tomatoes turns mushy and slightly reduced and add the chicken pieces, capsicum, tomato and pour the prepared gravy over it.
- Also add 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder, 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder and salt and mix it well and cook it for five minutes on a low flame.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve with any Indian bread.
- If you want then you can garnish this chicken tawa masala with some fresh cream.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe