Vegetable Pinwheel Samosa Recipe
Vegetable Pinwheel Samosa is a mouth watering delicacy and is an ideal dish for any occasion. This is an interesting twist to the popular Indian snack samosa. It is a mouthwatering appetizer which you can easily prepare at your home. It tastes best when it is served hot with any sauce of your choice.
For The Dough
- 2 cupsAll-purpose flour/maida
- 1 tablespoonGhee
- 1 cupWarm water
- saltas per taste
- ½ tspCarom seeds
- 1 1/2 cupsboiled and mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cupboiled and mashed green peas
- 1/2 tspcumin seeds (jeera) powder
- 1 tspchili powder
- 1/4 tspturmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2dried mango powder (amchur)
- 1 1/2coriander (dhania) powder
- 1/2 tspgaram masala
- 2 tbspfinely chopped coriander (dhania)
- saltto taste
For The Vegetable Filling
For the filling
- In a bowl, add potatoes, green pea, cumin powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, mango powder, coriander powder, garam masala, chopped coriander and salt and mix it nicely.
For the dough
- In a bowl, add plain flour, ghee, carom seeds, salt and also add enough water and knead it into a soft dough .
- Cover It with a damp cloth and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
How to proceed
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and roll a portion of the dough into a 225 mm. (9”) diameter circle and dust a little plain flour.
- Spread ½ cup of the prepared stuffing evenly over it and leave ½ inch from the circumference of the circle.
- Roll it from one end to another end and seal it nicely and cut the roll into 9 equal pieces by using a sharp knife.
- Take each piece and press it very lightly to flatten it.
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan, dip each pinwheels in the prepared plain flour-water mixture and deep-fry, a few at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in color from all the sides.
- Drain in a plate and serve it with green chutney.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe