Andhra Style Brinjal Curry Recipe
Andhra Style Brinjal Curry is a flavorful, spicy vegetarian dish of Andhra cuisine. It is very spicy and tasty curry and also has a rich texture. The addition of various spices, gives this dish a nice rich aroma and also taste. This is perfect when you have a sudden guest at your home. It is also great for a weekend dinner. You should definitely try this recipe at home.
- 200 gmcubed eggplant/ brinjal
- 1 tablespoonrefined oil
- 1 dashmustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoonground garlic
- 1/2 teaspoonground poppy seeds
- 1/2 tablespoonpowdered jaggery
- 1/2 teaspoonred chili powder
- 1 pinchpowdered turmeric
- 1/4 cuptamarind extract
- 1/2 cupgrated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoonmoong dal
- 1/8 teaspoonasafoetida
- 1/2 teaspooncoriander powder
- 1/2 inchcinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoonyoghurt (curd)
- 2 pinchessalt
- 1/2 teaspoonground sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a pan, add moong dal, mustard seeds, asafoetida and onions and fry it for 5 min.
- Add ground garlic and fry it for 2 min and then add coriander powder and brinjals and cover it with a lid and cook it for 6 min
- Then add poppy seeds, cinnamon and cloves and mix it nicely.
- Then add curd, jaggery, salt, sesame seeds, turmeric powder, coconut, chili powder and cook for a few minutes.
- Then add tamarind pulp and cook it for 5 to 7 min and switch off the flame.
- Transfer it on a serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it with steamed rice.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe