Shunthi Dried Ginger Rice Recipe
Shunthi (Dried Ginger) Rice is an easy one pot meal which you can easily prepare at your home. This mouth-watering dish is perfect for weeknight dinner and can also be packed in your lunch box. You can serve this healthy and tasty dish with any side dish or can serve it just like that. Let’s follow this recipe.
- 1 cupCooked rice
- 5-6Black peppercorns (kali mirch)
- ¼ tspCumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 inchDried ginger (adrak/shunthi)
- ¼ tspMustard seeds (sarson)
- 3-4Curry leaves (kadi patta)
- saltTo taste
- 2 tbspGhee
For Cooking The Rice
- 1 1/4 cupsRaw rice (chawal)
- 1 tbspOil
- SaltTo taste
For cooking the rice
- In a bowl, soak the rice in 3 cups of water for 30 minutes and then drain the water from it and keep it aside.
- In a deep pan, add enough water, 1 tbsp of oil and salt and then add the rice to the boiling water and cook till the rice is soft.
- Switch off the flame and drain the water from the rice and keep it aside
How to proceed
- In a blender, add black peppercorns, cumin seeds and dried ginger and blend to a smooth powder.
- Heat ghee in a thick vessel, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and the blended powder and also add the cooked rice.
- Cook on a medium flame for 5 min and switch off the flame and serve it hot with any raita of your choice.
By Meghna Nath
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe