Tasty Shakkarpara Recipe
Shakkarpara is a popular North Indian sweet snack that is usually made during festivities. This crunchy, flaky deep-fried snack is also a great tea time snack. This is one of those snacks that you can munch anytime in the day. It is crunchy, crispy, and tasty and mildly sweet. This snack is very easy to prepare at your home.
- 1/4 cupsugar
- 1/4 cupmilk
- 2 tbspghee
- 1 1/2 cupswhole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- a pinchof salt
- gheefor deep-frying
- In a deep, pan add the milk, sugar and ghee, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the sugar dissolves and stir occasionally and keep it aside to cool.
- Sieve the whole wheat flour and salt together in a deep bowl with the help of a strainer and slowly add the milk-sugar mixture, a little at a time and knead into a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out a portion into 175mm. (7”) diameter circle.
- Cut it into 25 mm. (1") diamond shaped pieces and prick each diamond with a fork.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry the Shakkarpara, a few at a time on a low flame till they are golden brown in color from both the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and once it is cooled, store in an airtight container and enjoy whenever you want to.
- Energy 592 cal
- Protein 8.7 g
- Carbohydrates 64.3 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
- Fat 32.8 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Vitamin A 324.4 mg
- Vitamin B1 0.3 mg
- Vitamin B2 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B3 2.8 mg
- Vitamin C 0.2 mg
- Folic Acid 24.3 mg
- Calcium 73.1 mg
- Iron 3.2 mg
- Magnesium 0 mg
- Phosphorus 0 mg
- Sodium 16.8 mg
- Potassium 222.1 mg
- Zinc 1.4 mg
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Easy South Indian Masala Dosa Recipe