Sooji Gujiya Recipe
Sooji Gujiya is a popular Indian sweet that is generally prepare during festivals and spacial occasion. This sweet is tasty, crunchy and has a nice flavor and aroma. It is a fried Indian pastry with an aromatic filling inside. You can serve this sweet as a evening snack also and can also pack in your kid’s snack box.
For The Stuffing
- 1/4 cupsemolina (rava/ Sooji)
- 1/4 cuppowdered sugar
- 1/4 cupchopped mixed nuts
- 2 tspghee
- 1/2 tspcardamoms and nutmeg (jaiphal) powder
For The Dough
- 3/4 cupplain flour (maida)
- milkto knead dough
- 1 tspghee
- gheefor deep frying
For the dough
- In a bowl add plain flour, milk, and ghee and knead to a soft and smooth dough and cover it with a muslin cloth and keep it for 15-20 min.
For the stuffing
- Heat a pan and add ghee to it and roast Sooji on sow flame till it changes color to light pink.
- Once done, switch off the flame and transfer it in a plate and keep it aside to cook.
- When completely cooled, add nuts and powdered sugar, cardamom and nutmeg powder and keep it aside.
How to proceed
- Knead the dough well and make equal sized balls and take a ball and roll into a puri
- Put a spoonful of stuffing in center, seal it tightly and form a semicircle and cover them under moist towel for few min.
- Heat ghee in a pan add slowly drop the Gujiya and fry on low flame till the color changes to light pink.
- Once done, drain it on a tissue paper and serve it.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Yummy Tandoori Roti Recipe