Healthy Black Bean Dal Recipe
Black Bean Dal is a flavorful and creamy, staple dal of North India. This dish is made with black bean dal and seasoned with various spices. It has a thick texture, tempting taste, and also has a mouth-watering flavor. It is a wholesome, nutritious, and delicious dal dish which will go prefect with any Indian meal.
- 1 cupblack beans , soaked overnight and drained
- saltto taste
- a pinchof soda bi-carbonate
- 1 tbspoil
- 1 tspcumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tspfinely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 tspfinely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1/2 tspfinely chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cupfinely chopped onions
- 1 cupchopped tomatoes
- saltto taste
- 1 tspchili powder
- 1/4 tspturmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tspcoriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tbspfresh cream
For The Garnish
- a sprigof coriander (dhania)
- In a pressure cooker add the black beans, salt, soda bi-carbonate, and 2 cups of water and cook for 25 min.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and do not drain the water and keep aside water later use.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds and when the seeds crackle, add the garlic, ginger and green chilies and fry on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and fry on a medium flame for 1 minute and then add the tomatoes, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked dal (including the water), mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the coriander leaves and fresh cream, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Garnish with a sprig of coriander and serve it hot with methi paratha.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Easy South Indian Masala Dosa Recipe