Kerala Style Mixed Vegetable Thoran Recipe
Mixed Vegetable Thoran is a typical stir fry dish of Kerala. This dish is a highly nutritious and also delicious. This dish can be prepared easily in just a few minutes and can also be packed in your lunch box and it is usually served with hot rice.
- 1/2 cupchopped onions
- 1/2 cupfinely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cupfinely chopped french beans
- 1/4 cupgreen peas
- 1 tspoil
- 1/2 tspmustard seeds (rai / sarson)
- 1/4 tspurad dal (split black lentils)
- 2whole dry Kashmiri red chillies , broken into pieces
- 2 tspcrushed garlic (lehsun)
- 1/8 tspsalt
- 1/2 tsproasted and crushed cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tspchili powder
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan and add mustard seeds and when the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, dry red chilies and garlic and fry on medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the onions, carrot, french beans, green peas and salt and fry on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and mix it well and cover it with a lid and cook on medium flame for 6 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the cumin seeds and chili powder, mix it well and cook on medium flame for 1 minute and stir occasionally.
- Once done, switch of the flame and serve it hot with hot steaming rice.
- Energy 47 cal
- Protein 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates 6.2 g
- Fiber 1.9 g
- Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Vitamin A 223.2 mg
- Vitamin B1 0 mg
- Vitamin B2 0 mg
- Vitamin B3 0.2 mg
- Vitamin C 7.8 mg
- Folic Acid 11.8 mg
- Iron 0.5 mg
- Magnesium 0 mg
- Phosphorus 0 mg
- Sodium 6 mg
- Potassium 69.9 mg
- Zinc 0.2 mg
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Easy South Indian Masala Dosa Recipe