Tasty Gatte ki Kadhi Recipe
Gatte ki Kadhi is a popular dish of Rajasthan. Steamed gram-flour dumplings cooked in spicy gravy. This dish is perfect when you have unexpected guests at your home. This dish has a nice taste, flavor and also a smooth texture. This is one of the most authentic dishes generally served with roti or rice. Let’s follow this recipe.
For The Gatte
- 3/4 cupbesan (gram flour)
- 1 tspchili powder
- 1 tspfennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/8 tspcarom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tbspcurds (dahi)
- 2 tbspoil
- saltto taste
For The Kadhi
- 2 cupscurd (dahi)
- 1 tbspbesan (gram flour)
- 2 tbspoil
- 1 tspcumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tspmustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1/2 tspfennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/4 tspasafoetida (hing)
- 1bay leaf (tejpatta)
- 1cardamom (elaichi)
- 1clove (laung / lavang)
- 4 to 6curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1/4 tspturmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 1/2 tspchili powder
- 2 tspcoriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- saltto taste
For The Garnish
- 2 tbspfinely chopped coriander (dhania)
For the Gatte
- In a bowl, add besan, chili powder, fennel seeds, carom seeds, oil, and salt and
- Knead into a stiff dough by using 1½ tbsp of water.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion into a 200 mm. (8") long thin cylindrical roll.
- Cut the Gatte into 10 to 12 equal pieces and keep it aside.
- Boil plenty of water in a deep non-stick pan and cook the Gatte in boiling water 7 to 8 minutes and drain it from the water and keep it aside.
For the kadhi
- In a bowl, add curd, besan and ½ cup of water and mix it well by using a whisk so that no lumps remain.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, asafoetida, bay leaf, cardamom, clove and curry leaves and fry on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the turmeric powder, chili powder and coriander-cumin seeds powder and fry on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add ½ cup of water, curd-besan mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes and stir continuously.
How to proceed
- Just before serving, add the prepared Gatte to the kadhi and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it with rice or roti.
- Energy 385 cal
- Protein 11.6 g
- Carbohydrates 25.8 g
- Fiber 5.3 g
- Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Vitamin A 345.5 mg
- Vitamin B1 0.2 mg
- Vitamin B2 0.2 mg
- Vitamin B3 0.9 mg
- Vitamin C 1.4 mg
- Folic Acid 56.7 mg
- Calcium 237.2 mg
- Iron 2 mg
- Magnesium 0 mg
- Phosphorus 0 mg
- Sodium 45 mg
- Potassium 341.8 mg
- Zinc 0.6 mg
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Easy South Indian Masala Dosa Recipe