Whole Wheat Pasta in Tomato Sauce Recipe
Whole Wheat Pasta in Tomato Sauce is a one pot meal which is very easy to make and also taste delicious. The addition of various seasoning, add a nice flavor and taste to this dish. This dish is perfect when you want to have a spicy and quick dish and this pasta is more healthy, as the whole wheat paste is used. You can serve this dish as a weekend breakfast dish or can serve it as an evening snack.
For The Tomato Sauce
- 2 tspolive oil
- 1 tbspfinely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cupsfresh tomato pulp
- 1 tspSugar
- 1/2 tspchili powder
- saltto taste
- 2 tspcornflour dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 3/4 cuplow-fat milk , 99.7% fat-free
- 2 1/2 cupscooked whole wheat pasta ( refer notes below)
- 1 tspolive oil
- 2 tspfinely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 tspdried oregano
- 1/4 cupchopped capsicum
- 1/4 cupboiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane) , optional
- 1 tspdry red chili flakes (paprika)
- salt to taste
For the Tomato Sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and fry on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and fry on a medium flame for 1 minute and add the fresh tomato pulp, sugar, chili powder and salt, mix it nicely and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture and milk, mix it nicely and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and stir occasionally and keep it aside.
How to proceed
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and oregano and fry on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum, sweet corn kernels and chili flakes, mix well and fry on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked pasta and salt, mix it nicely and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the tomato sauce, mix it nicely and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Once done, switch off the flame and transfer it to a serving bowl and serve it hot.
How to cook whole wheat pasta
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add pasta, salt and few drops of oil and cook for 8 min and switch off the flame and drain the water from the pasta and keep it aside.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Easy South Indian Masala Dosa Recipe