Tasty and Crispy Veg Puff Recipe
Veg Puff is a popular Indian bakery, snack that is loved by all. This puff has a nice flaky and crisp outer crust and tasty and spicy filling inside. This snack dish is the perfect when you want to have something special for your evening snack. This snack dish is perfect snack for parties and special occasion. Let’s follow this recipe.
- 2 cupsplain flour (maida)
- 1 tspsalt
- 1 1/2 tspgluten
- 1 1/2 tspvinegar
- 3/4 cuplily puff margarine (easily available in the market)
- plain flour(maida) for rolling and dusting
- milkfor brushing
For The Veg Filling
- 2 tbspgreen peas
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped french beans
- 1/2 cupboiled , peeled and mashed potatoes
- 1 tbspoil
- 1 tspmustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1/2 tspcumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped onions
- 1 tspginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1/4 tspturmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tspchili powder
- 2 tbspfinely chopped coriander (dhania)
- saltto taste
- 1/2 tsplemon juice
For the veg filling
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and when the seeds crackle, add the onions and ginger-garlic paste and fry on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, chili powder and garam masala and fry on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the green peas, carrot, french beans and 1 tbsp of water, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, coriander, salt and lemon juice, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Divide the filling into equal portions and keep it aside.
How to proceed
- In a bowl, add the plain flour, salt, gluten and vinegar in a deep bowl, mix it well and knead into a stiff dough using approx. ½ cup of ice cold water.
- Make sure you knead the dough for 15 to 20 minutes till it is smooth and glossy.
- Dust the flat surface with a little plain flour and place the dough on it and roll it using a thick rolling pin into a 250 mm. (10”) × 150 mm. (6”) rectangle.
- Spread the margarine on 2/3 portion of the rectangle with your hands and fold the portion with no margarine side till the center and then fold the margarine portion over it so that both the portions overlap each other.
- Press and seal the two open sides using your finger tips and dust the flat surface again with a little plain flour.
- Place the dough on it and again roll it using a thick rolling pin into a 300 mm. (12”) × 150 mm. (6”) rectangle.
- Again fold one side of the rectangle till the center, then fold the other side overlapping the first side.
- Make sure the edges are also overlapping each other perfectly and dust the flat surface once again with a little plain flour.
- Place the dough on it and roll it using a thick rolling pin into a 300 mm. (12”) × 150 mm. (6”) rectangle.
- Now bring both the sides together in the center but do not overlap them and overlap the two folded sides over each other to form a book.
- Wrap in a cling wrap and keep in the refrigerator for 15 minutes and remove the cling wrap and cut into 2 halves horizontally.
- Dust the flat surface once again with a little plain flour and place one halve of the dough on it and roll it by using a thick rolling pin into a 250 mm. (10”) × 150 mm. (6”) rectangle.
- Cut it into 3 equal pieces and place one rectangle on a clean, dry surface and place a portion of the veg filling on one half of the rectangle.
- Apply a little milk on all the sides and fold over the other half of the rectangle so as to cover the filling.
- Seal the edges by using your fingertips so that the filling does not spill out and trim and even the sides lightly using a sharp knife.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220°c( 440°f) for 15 minutes and turn the tray and bake again at 220°c( 440°f) for 4 minutes.
- Then lower the temperature to 160°c (360°f) and bake for 10 minutes and once baked, remove the tray from the oven and serve it hot with sweet and sour sauce.
Energy: 168 cal
Protein: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 30.5 g
Fiber: 0.8 g
Fat: 2.9 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Vitamin A: 154.5 mg
Vitamin B1: 0.1 mg
Vitamin B2: 0 mg
Vitamin B3: 1 mg
Vitamin C: 4.9 mg
Folic Acid: 4.1 mg
Calcium: 19.6 mg
Iron: 1.2 mg
Magnesium: 0 mg
Phosphorus: 0 mg
Sodium: 6.5 mg
Potassium: 88.7 mg
Zinc: 0.3 mg
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Yummy Tandoori Roti Recipe