Easy Paneer and Tamatar (tomato) Paratha Recipe
Paneer and Tamatar (tomato) Paratha is a popular breakfast dish of North India. It is made from whole wheat flour dough stuffed with spicy tomato and paneer filling. It has a nice tangy taste of tomato and soft and creamy tasty paneer. This dish can be also packed in your kid’s lunch box. Let’s follow this easy recipe.
For The Dough
- 1 1/2 cupsWhole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- Saltto taste
- 1 1/2 tspOil for kneading and cooking
- WholeWheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
To Be Mixed Into A Stuffing
- 1/2 cupCrumbled low-fat paneer (cottage cheese)
- 3/4 cupDeseeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cupChopped yellow capsicum
- 1 tspFinely chopped green chilies
- 2 tbspFinely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Saltto taste
For the dough
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, salt, oil, and enough water and knead into a semi-soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep it aside for 15 minutes and again after 15 min, knead it with ¼ tsp oil till smooth and keep it aside.
For the stuffing
- In a bowl, paneer, chopped tomatoes, yellow capsicum, chopped green chilies, chopped coriander, salt and mix it nicely.
- Divide the stuffing into 10 equal portions and keep it aside.
How to proceed
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter and place a portion of the methi paneer stuffing in the center of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center and seal it tightly and roll out again into a circle of 100 mm. (4”) diameter by using flour to roll the paratha.
- Heat a tawa and place a paratha on it, brush a little oil and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Once done, place it on a serving plate and serve it with any raita of your choice.
Nutrient values Per paratha
Energy: 82 k cal
Protein: 3.7 gm
Carbohydrates: 21.3 gm
Fiber: 0.6 gm
Fat: 1.1 gm
Calcium: 81.3 mg
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Easy South Indian Masala Dosa Recipe