Tasty Urad Dal with Paneer Curry Recipe
Want to try some unique and tasty dish for dinner? Then try Urad Dal with Paneer Curry that has a unique combination of paneer and urad dal.This dish is mildly spiced and has a nice taste, flavor, and aroma.This dish is prefect when you have sudden at your home. This dish tastes best when serve hot with any Indian flat bread and it is prefect for weekend dinner. Let’s follow this recipe.
- 3/4 cupUrad dal (split black lentils)
- 1/2 cupSmall paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
- 1/2 tspTurmeric powder (haldi)
- Saltto taste
- 1 tbspOil
- 1/2 tspCumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 cupFinely chopped onions
- 1/2 cupFinely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tspFinely chopped green chilies
- 1/2 tspChili powder
- 2 tbspFinely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Soak the urad dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 1 hour and drain the water from it.
- In a pressure cooker, add urad dal, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, salt and 1¼ cups of water, mix it well and cook for 15 min.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and drain the water from it and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the paneer and fry on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the paneer is light brown in color.
- Once done, drain it on a tissue paper and keep it aside.
- In a deep pan, add the cumin seeds and when the seeds crackle, add the onions and fry on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, green chilies, chili powder, ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, 2 tbsp of water and salt, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the cooked urad dal and mix it gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauteed paneer and coriander, mix it gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Once done, switch off the flame and serve it hot with roti and rice.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe