Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
Onion and Karela (Bitter Gourd) Sabji is a delicious and simple to cook recipe made from bitter gourd and onions. Onions and bitter gourd are the most nutritious vegetables. This dish is perfect for lunch or dinner. Let’s follow this recipe.
- 2 cupssliced onions
- 2 cupsthinly sliced and deseeded bitter gourd (karela)
- 2 Tbspoil
- 1/2 tspturmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tspchili powder
- 1 tbspsugar
- 1 tspdried mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tbsproasted sesame seeds (til)
- saltto taste
- In a add, bowl thinly sliced onion and a little salt and mix it very well and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze all the water from the karela and place them on a kitchen towel to dry them completely.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the karela, mix it well and cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 15 minutes, and stir occasionally.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, sugar, dried mango powder, sesame seeds and salt, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Serve it hot.
Bitter gourd is a good source of vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin C, phosphorous, iron, copper, and potassium.
Check More Curries Recipe
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Easy South Indian Masala Dosa Recipe