Barley And Raw Veg Salad Recipe
This is a good nutritious food with a new combination of barley and raw vegetables. Barley is a very good source of vitamin B1, fiber, magnesium and many more benefits. Look for delicious salad recipe mixed with different vegetables and barley.
- 150g (2/3 cup)Pearl barley
- 2Oranges (peeled)
- 1 cuplemon (juiced)
- 1 tspVirgin olive oil
- 2 tspMaple syrup
- 250gCauliflower florets
- 1Zucchini (finely chopped)
- 2Celery sticks
- 2Green Shallots (thinly sliced)
- 280gMixed carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- 50g (1/3 cup)Dried cranberries
- 1/2 cupFresh mint (chopped)
- 1/2 cupFresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- 2 tspToasted pine nuts
- 1tbsExtra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cupFresh mint
- 1/2 cupCoriander leaves
- Place barley in a pan and cover with cold water.
- Boil it on high flamet. After some time reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 30-35 minutes till it gets tender.
- Rinse in cold water and dry in a paper towel and place in a bowl.
- In a bowl mix the juices of orange, lemon, oil and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Add chopped cauliflower and zucchini in juice mixture.
- To develop the flavor, set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon rind, celery, orange segments, shallot, carrot, zucchini, cranberry mixture and 3/4 of the herbs to the barley.
- Lightly mix all the mixture in a blow and put some pine nuts.
- Finally, Top with Sprinkle with remaining herbs.
- Drizzle with extra oil and sprinkle with extra herbs for garnishing.
Raw vegetables is good for health. So, enjoy the raw veg salad with the combination of Barley and garnished with mint and coriander leaves.
Check For more salads.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe