Irish Soda Bread Recipe
When you are in a hurry to prepare something special, try this Traditional Irish Soda Bread Recipe that takes not more than an hour. Have a look at the recipe.
- 2 cupsAll purpose flour
- 3 tablespoonsSugar
- 1 teaspoonSalt
- 1 teaspoonBaking soda
- 4 tablespoonsButter
- ½ cupRaisins
- 1 ¾ cupButtermilk
- Take a mixing bowl and add 4 cups of flour, sugar, salt, baking soda.
- Mix them well
- Add butter to the mixture and make it to a smooth dough
- Add raisins to it
- Add beaten egg and buttermilk to it
- Mix them with wooden spatula until the dough becomes too stiff
- Dust your hands with flour and knead the dough gently. Form a round ball
- If the dough is too sticky, add more flour. Do not over knead the dough
- Transfer dough on a flat neat surface and shape it into a round loaf
- Transfer the whole stuff to a greased skillet or baking sheet
- Using a knife, score on top of dough about an inch in an X shape so that heat gets into the center of the dough
- Bake the bread till it becomes golden brown in color for about 40 minutes
- Check for the doneness. If the inserted skewer comes out clean, then it is done
- Remove it from oven or pan and keep it aside for about 5 minutes
- Place it on a serving plate and have it as for your breakfast.
If the top is getting too dark while baking, remove it, place it aluminum foil, and bake it. You need to be careful while baking the bread on a cast iron skillet, as there are chances that the bread easily turns too dark.
Know About St. Patricks’s Day.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Fried Chicken Momos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Easy South Indian Masala Dosa Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe