South Indian Special Semiya Payasam Recipe
Semiya Payasam also known as seviyan kheer recipe or vermicelli kheer is very easy and simple dish that tastes excellent when prepared with fresh milk. Add ghee at the end for excellent taste.
- 5 cupsMilk
- ½ cupSemiya / Vermicelli
- ½ cupSugar
- 8Cashew nuts
- ¼ teaspoonCardamom powder
- 1 tablespoonGhee
- Place a pan on flame and add 2 teaspoons of ghee.
- Roast vermicelli or Semiya until it turns golden brown in color.
- Remove it from flame and keep it aside.
- Add some more ghee to the same pay and fry cashew nuts till they turn golden brown color.
- Remove them and keep them aside in a plate.
- Add raisin and fry them in the same hot ghee.
- Remove them in a plate.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan and add roasted Semiya to it.
- Cook it on low flame till they become soft.
- Keep stirring to avoid excess burning.
- Add sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add cardamom powder, fried cashews and raisins at the end.
- Off the flame and serve it hot to your guest or offer it as naivedyam to God for any special occasion.
Searching for any rice recipe as naivedyam on Onam festival? Try Tasty Tamarind Rice and offer them together as naivedyam on Onam special day.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Yummy Tandoori Roti Recipe