Rice Pongal Recipe
Rice Pongal is a Pongal festival dish and popular in south India. Usually, you can cook it in breakfast or dinner. The recipe is prepared with rice and pulses. It's so palatable as well as healthy dish.
- 1 cupshort grained rice
- 1/4 cup+ 2 tablespoonsGreen gram/Moong dal (split)
- 1 teaspoonto taste
- 1 teaspoonWhole peppercorns
- 1 teaspooncumin seeds
- 1" inchGinger (peeled and sliced thinly)
- A pinchof asafetida (hing)
- Few sprigsof curry leaves
- Few unbrokencashews
- Wash and clean rice and Moong dal well.
- Mix them both and add 5 cups of water.
- Put them in a pressure cooker and cook for 10-15min (3-4 whistles).
- In between, heat a little ghee in a nonstick pan.
- Temper first the ginger slices
- Now, add peppercorns and cumin seeds.
- At last, put curry leaves and asafetida.
- Continue stir it for 2-3 seconds.
- Then, remove with a slotted spoon.
- In the same pan, add some cashews and roast them till brownish color
- Now add salt and the tempered spice mixture and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This Recipe Rate : (0) Reviews
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- How to Make Chocolate Truffles
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe