Kids Friendly-Thekua Recipe
Thekua is the rural homemade cookie of north India. It is famous in Bihar and Jharkhand states of the country. The dish is made up with whole-wheat flour, sugar and ghee. It is so crispy and Children loved to have it. It is healthy and homemade so you can prefer thekua as cookie in place of packed biscuits.
- 1/2 cupOil
- 1/2 teaspoonCardamom powder
- 1/2 cupCoconut (grated)
- 1 cupHot water
- 400 gramsJaggery (grated) or sugar
- 500 gramsWhole wheat flour
- 2 cupGhee or oil (for deep frying)
- Combine jaggery or sugar and water in a pan.
- Put the pan on flame, heat and dissolve the sugar or jaggery.
- When it dissolved, switch off the flame and put aside to get cool.
- Now, take wheat flour in a large bowl.
- Put coconut and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Now, add oil and mix gently with hands.
- Put sugar or jaggery water and kneed into a stiff dough.
- Divide in into 5 equal portions.
- Shape it round and long, according to your choice.
- Ensure the thickness is not more than an inch.
- Now heat ghee or oil in a deep bottom pan.
- Put few thekua at a time and cook on low flame.
- Deep fry, till it turns into brown colour.
- Drain and let it get cold.
- Keep in an airtight container.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Easy South Indian Masala Dosa Recipe