Roasted Bell Pepper and Cheese Pizza Recipe
Roasted Bell Pepper and Cheese Pizza is a popular street food. Here the bell peppers are first roasted and then added as a topping with cheese. This is truly the best vegetarian recipe and also a great dish which can be eaten at any time in the day. This dish has a nice taste, flavors, and aroma. This is a perfect dish for your kid’s and it will be a hit at any parties. Try this yummy and easy dish at your home.
- 2 thincrust pizza base [175 mm. (7")
- 1/2 cuppizza sauce
- 1/2 cupgrated mozzarella cheese
For The Roasted Bell Pepper Topping
- 1 mediumred capsicum
- 1 mediumyellow capsicum
- 1 mediumgreen capsicum
- olive oilfor brushing
- 1 tspdried oregano
- saltto taste
For The Pizza Base
- 1 1/2 cupsplain flour (maida)
- 1 tspdry yeast
- 1 tbspolive oil
- 1 tspsugar
- saltto taste
- plain flour(maida) for rolling
For The Pizza base
- In a bowl, add 2 tbsp of lukewarm water and dry yeast and mix it well and cover with a lid and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the plain flour, yeast-water mixture, olive oil, sugar and salt and knead it into a soft dough by using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air and divide the dough into equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle with the help of plain flour and prick each circle evenly by using a fork.
- Place a rolled dough on a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 5 minutes and keep it aside.
For the roasted bell pepper topping
- Pierce the red capsicum with a fork, brush a little oil evenly over it and roast it over an open flame till it turns black from all the sides.
- Once done, switch off the flame and wash it in the cold water and remove the skin, stem and seeds and discard them.
- Cut the capsicum into thin slices and keep it aside.
- Repeat the same procedure with the yellow and green capsicum.
- Combine the red, yellow and green capsicum strips in a bowl, sprinkle oregano and salt over it and toss it well.
- Divide the topping into 2 equal portions and keep it aside.
How to proceed
- Place a pizza base on a clean, dry surface and spread ¼ cup of pizza sauce evenly over it.
- Arrange a portion of the roasted bell pepper topping evenly over it and finally sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Place both the pizzas on a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the base is evenly browned and the cheese melts.
- Once baked, removed from the oven, cut into equal wedges and serve it with chilled fruit juice.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Easy South Indian Masala Dosa Recipe