Moong Dal Halwa Recipe
Meals are incomplete without sweet dish. We have brought a special lentils halwa for you. Moong dal halwa is a popular north Indian sweet dish. It is usually prepared during occasions or festivals.
- 2 cupsMoong dal (split yellow lentils)
- 2 cupsGhee
- 1 cupSugar
- 2 cupsWater
- 6 podsGreen cardamom (split)
- 1 cupKhoya (mawa)
- 1 cupMixed dried fruits (finely chopped)
- Wash the dal in running water and soak it in water for whole night.
- Grind the dal in the food processor without adding extra water.
- Make the sugar syrup and add cardamom split in it.
- Now put a heavy bottom pan and heat ghee in it.
- Add the moong daal paste and cook it, till it turn brown and get separate from ghee
- Now, add the khoya and mix well.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add sugar syrup, remove the cardamom pods before adding.
- Mix well and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped dried fruits.
- Serve hot.
Make sure you soaked the dal in plenty of water. If desire, you can add a dollop of Vanilla ice cream.
[Also Try: Gajar (Carrot) Halwa]
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe