Lentil Soup Recipe
Lentils are healthy and is a perfect vegetarian soup with aromatic vegetables like onion, celery, and carrot and an extra boost of flavor and vitamins. Lentil soup is simple and easy to prepare with few ingredients.
- 1/2 cupSplit lentils
- 1 tspOlive oil
- 2 tblspOnions (chopped)
- 2 clovesGarlic
- 1Green Chilly (finely chopped)
- 4 cupswater
- as per tastesalt
- 1 tspCumin seeds
- 1 tspcoriander seeds
- 1/2 tspPeppercorn
- 1/4 cupLemon juice
- Roast the cumin seeds, corriander seeds and peppercorn.
- By using a pestle/blender crush it finely.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions, garlic and green chilly.
- Saute for 10 minutes in a medium heat.
- Boil it by adding remaining ingredients except lemon juice.
- Cook in a medium heat for 20 minutes until the lentils are cooked.
- Puree the mixture in a blender.
- Return the pureed mixture back to saucepan and reheat.
- If needed add hot water to dilute it.
- Stir in lemon juice and serve hot.
Try this healthy soup on a cold winter day or while having a sore throat.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe