Sri Rama Navami Special Vada Pappu Panakam Recipe
Panakam Vada Pappu offered as naivedhyam to Lord Rama on his birthday. Moong dal soaked in water, served with rice-based flour along with panakam. Have a look at the easy version of Panakam Recipe and prepare it on Sri Rama Navami.
- ½ cupMoong Dal
- 4 tablespoonsJaggery
- 1 cupRice flour
- 4 cupsWater
- 1 cupJaggery
- 5Black pepper corns
- ½ teaspoonGinger powder
- 2Green cardamom
- Prepare vadapappu by soaking moong dal in water. Drain water and place it on a serving plate. Take rice flour in a bowl and add water to it. Add jaggery to it and mix them well so that soft dough is formed. Place it in the serving plate beside vadapappu.
- For preparing panakam, add grated jaggery to 4 cups of water. Let it dissolve in water
- Strain the liquid in a serving bowl
- Add cardamom powder, black pepper, dry ginger powder and mix them well
- Pour the liquid in glass and consider it as a naivedhyam for Rama on his birthday.
If panakam is too sweet, you can add more water to it. This vadapappu panakam when consumed together helps in digestion and also heals gastric related issues.
Interested to know why we prepare Panakam on Sri Rama Navami. Here the story is All About Sri Rama Navami.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Yummy Tandoori Roti Recipe