Homemade Chicken Puff Pastry Recipe
Chicken Puff Pastry is a famous snack recipe made with chicken breast and puff pastry sheets, this easy snack recipe can be served with sauce. They are a splendid treat to the taste buds. Especially homemade ones. Enjoy them as it is or douses them generously with sauce.
- 250 gmChicken Breast
- 1 TbspTurmeric powder
- 2 TbspGarlic Paste
- 5Big onions finely chopped (The onions should be double the quantity of the chicken)
- 1 tbspRed chili powder
- 1 tspPepper powder
- 2 tbspvinegar (White)
- 1/2 tspSugar
- To tasteSalt
- As requiredPuff pastry sheets (Easily available in grocery stores)
- 2 tbspOil
- 3/4 cupChicken stock or water
- One eggfor egg wash
- Clean and wash chicken the well, pat dry, cut into small pieces (as small as you can, do not mince) and place in a bowl, add garlic paste and turmeric and rub it on the meat well and cover and marinate for 15 minutes (in the refrigerator).
- In a pan or kadhai, heat oil, add onions, a pinch of salt and let it cook till the onions are soft and translucent
- Add red chili powder and saute for a few minutes more and add the chicken pieces and some more salt.
- Mix it well, add less than 3/4th cup chicken of stock or water(you can use chicken or vegetable stock cubes).
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes on low-medium flame or till all water evaporates. (It should not be completely dry, but just a little juicy).
- Remove the lid and check if chicken and onions are well cooked and add vinegar, pepper powder, and sugar and keep mixing on medium flame till the vinegar evaporates.
- While mixing, use your spoon to break the chicken pieces into more smaller pieces and shreds.
- Check for seasoning and remove the mixture from heat and let it cool completely
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and take the puff pastry sheet and roll it on a plain surface up to 3mm in thickness and cut out rectangles from the sheet and place a spoonful of mixture on one side of the rectangle.
- Apply water on the edges of the dough with the help your finger tips fold one side of the dough onto the other and make sure all sides get stick well and in case some stuffing oozes out, just gently wipe it off.
- Place the prepared puffs on a baking tray (cover the tray with foil or baking paper) and give an egg wash on top of all puffs.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes and when done remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve it hot with sauce
If you are using white onions instead of red, you may then avoid using sugar or just use a pinch, as white onions are naturally sweet than regular purple or red onions.
By Meghna Nath
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe