Tasty and Easy Dahi Bhindi Recipe
Dahi (curd) Bhindi (lady’s finger) is an authentic and tasty dish which is popular in North India. Here the lady’s finger is cooked in spicy and creamy curd based gravy. This dish is perfect when you have unexpected guests at your home and it also an ideal dish for your family members. This dish can be served for weekend lunch and dinner and tastes best with hot steamed rice.
- 4 cups(bhindi) lady finger, cut 1/2" pieces
- 1 tspCumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tspMustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 tbspUrad dal (split black lentils)
- 3Whole dry Kashmiri red chillies, broken into pieces
- 5 to 6Curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1/2 cupChopped onions
- 1 cupChopped tomatoes
- 1 tspChili powder
- 1/2 tspTurmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/4 cupFresh curds (dahi)
- 3 tbspOil
For the smooth paste
- 1/2 cupFreshly grated coconut
- 11-20Cashew nuts (kaju)
For the paste
- In a blender, add grated coconut, and cashew and also add enough water and bled to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
For the bhindi
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the lady fingers in oil until crisp and remove from the pan and drain on an absorbent paper.
- Heat the oil, add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and urad dal and when they crackle, add the red chilies and curry leaves.
- Add the onions and fry until it is golden in color and add the tomatoes, chili powder, turmeric powder, the ground paste and salt and fry until the oil comes out from the sides.
- Add 1¼ cups of water to the curd, beat well and add it to the mixture and add the sauteed bhindi and cook for a few minutes.
- Switch off the flame and serve it hot with rice or roti.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Easy South Indian Masala Dosa Recipe