Spicy Green Pea Masala Recipe
Green Pea Masala is a popular Indian household dish that you can easily made at your home. This dish is perfect when you have a sudden guest at your home. The addition of different spices, gives dish a nice flavor and taste. It is perfect for a weekend lunch and dinner and it is a perfect dish for vegetarian. This dish tastes best with any Indian flat bread.
- 1 cupGreen peas (Matar)
- 2 tablespoonCooking oil
- 1 teaspoonCumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoonTurmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1-1/2 teaspoonRed chili powder
- 1 teaspoonCoriander Powder
- PinchKasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves), generous pinch
- Saltto taste
- 1/2 teaspoonGaram masala powder
For masala paste
- 3Green Chillies
- 10Cloves Garlic
- 2 inchGinger
For cashew cream
- 20Cashew nuts
- 1 to 2 teaspoonMilk, or water
- In a pan pour enough water and add pea and cook it until soft, do not overcook the peas and once done switch off the flame and drain the water from it and keep it aside
- In a wok/kadhai, add 1 tablespoon oil and add finely chopped ginger and garlic pieces and fry until raw smell is gone.
- Add finely chopped onions and fry until onions turn translucent and add finely chopped green chilies and fry a minute.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- Let the mixture cool and then grind into smooth paste and keep it aside.
For cashew cream
- In a blender, add cashews and milk(or water) and blend to a thick paste and keep it aside.
- In a wok/kadhai, add remaining oil and add cumin seeds and let it splutter and then add the ground onion-tomato paste base and cook until oil separates from the sides of the pan.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, kasoori methi, garam masala, turmeric powder, salt and mix it well and allow it to cook for another 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add cooked green peas to the pan, continue to cook for 5 minutes on a low flame and add kasoori methi and mix it well.
- Once the masala comes together well, add cashew cream, mix it well and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame until the masala will thicken now.
- Sprinkle some garam masala and mix it nicely and switch off flame and garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve it with any flat bread of your choice.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe