Mutton lentil curry Recipe
Mixing mutton and lentil can be two bizarre things, but you can have a tasty dish if you can mix the two ingredients. They are smooth and they make the perfect kind of recipe when you have a lavish and a lazy dinner. Here is how you prepare mutton lentil curry.
- 4 tablespoonsvegetable oil
- 6whole cardamom pods
- 1⁄2 teaspoonwhole coriander seed
- 1cinnamon stick
- 1 1⁄2 kglamb chops
- 6garlic cloves, crushed
- 2onions, chopped
- 1 teaspooncrushed dried chili (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoonsgrated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoonturmeric Powder
- 3 tablespoonsmild curry powder
- 2bay leaves
- 1 (440 g)canchopped peeled tomatoes
- 3potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cupbrown lentils, washed well
- 500 mlstock (veg or meat)
- (I used about 2 teaspoons)salt
- 2 tablespoonslemon juice
- 1 teaspoongaram masala
- 3 tablespoonschopped fresh coriander
- Heat oil in a large pan and leave it for a while.
- You need to mix the meat and flour in a large bowl and fry it in the oil. Remove it once you see golden color.
- Now, you need to crush the spices that are mentioned in a small bowl and add the pieces to the pan. Saute it for a while till you feel the aroma.
- Now add chili, garlic ginger paste and let it saute and then add the onions until you see the entire mixture turning golden in color. Add the rest of the spices like turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
- If you have already added more oil, you need not add. But, if you feel you need to add oil, then add it and let it fry. Now, the floured chops have to be added to this pan.
- After the entire mixture is mixed well, add tomatoes and lentils. Let the tomato be crushed or even be in liquid form when you pour it inside the mixture.
- Now add a little more salt, garam masala and reduce the simmer. Let it cook easily for an hour. When you close the pan, make sure there is enough water so that it doesn’t get burned.
- When it is done, add lemon juice, coriander and garnish.
Serve hot with dosa, chapathi, rice or even idly!
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Fried Chicken Momos Recipe