Sarson Ka Saag (mustard green curry) Recipe
Sarson ka saag is the world famous delicacy. The recipe is a Punjabi cuisine and best accompanied with Makke ki roti (corn bread). It is made with the green mustard leaves and unquestionable healthy for all ages.
- 2 BunchesMustard Greens (fresh)
- 1 BunchSpinach Greens (fresh)
- 1Onion (chopped)
- 1Tomato (chopped)
- 1 inchGinger (grated)
- 1-2Green chillies (as per taste)
- 2-3 tablespoonMaize flour (corn meal)
- Saltto taste
- 1-2 tablespoonGhee or butter (optional Oil)
- Wash all the leaves under running water.
- Chop the leaves roughly and put in a pan with little water.
- Close the pan with lid and put on flame.
- Cook on medium heat for few minutes.
- Mash the leaves with the help of tomato masher.
- Now add maize flour in the saag.
- Stir finely and closed the pan.
- Cook for another few minutes and then switch off the flame
- Now, heat ghee in a pan.
- Put ginger, onion, tomato and green chilies.
- When they are soft, add the saag in it.
- Stir for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
You can add maize flour as per your taste, if you want a thicker gravy then add more. Serve it with Makke ki roti (corn bread) or naan. Also, Mustard green leaves are a rich source of nutrition. Try one another Punjabi style curry.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- How to Make Chocolate Truffles
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe