Green Peas Rice Recipe
Green Peas Rice is a simple south Indian dish. This rice can be prepared in a short period of time and also tastes delicious. Have this Green Peas Rice with any tomato based gravy or onion pachadi as a side dish.
Check for the recipe of a Green Peas Rice in a step by step process.
- 2 cupsBasmati rice
- 1 cupGreen peas
- 1 big/ 2 smallOnion
- 1 tspGinger
- 3Green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1Bay leaf
- 2Cinnamon stick
- ¼ tspCumin seeds
- 2 cupsWater
- 1.5 cupsCoconut milk (diluted with water)
- to tasteSalt
- 2 tbspOil
- 2 tbspGhee
For garnishing :
- 8-10Fried curry leaves
- 4-5Coriander leaves (Cilantro)
- Soak basmati rice in water for 10 minutes before using it.
- After 10 min, remove the water completely.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan, fry the rice till it releases a nice aroma.
- Heat oil and the remaining ghee in the pan, add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, cumin seeds and fry it.
- Add green chilies, onions and ginger-garlic paste and fry for 5 minutes until it gets tender.
- Add this mixture with salt, green peas, fried rice, coconut milk and water in a rice cooker.
- Simmer it for 5 minutes.
- Once rice is done, garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with spicy chicken curry or with any vegetarian curry.
This Green Peas rice recipe is simple and easy to prepare. Peas gives a healthy protein content that boost up your energy.
Reviews Add Review
Can you give any suggestions it is very helpful for my preparation to how to lose weight
Top Recipes Collection
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe