Healthy Whole Wheat and Vegetable Khichdi Recipe
Whole Wheat and Vegetable Khichdi are delicious, low- calorie, wholesome meal which is a best option for lunch or dinner. This Khichdi is a healthy twist to the regular rice and dal Khichdi. This dish is healthy and nutritious dish that is prefect for your family members. This Khichdi is perfect on a busy day. Let’s follow this recipe.
- 1/2 cupwhole wheat (gehun), soaked for 6 hours and drained
- 1/2 cupyellow moong dal (split yellow gram), soaked for 15 to 20 minutes and drained
- 1 tspoil
- 2 to 3peppercorns (kalimirch)
- 2cloves (laung / lavang)
- 25 mm (1”)stick cinnamon (dalchini)
- 1 tspcumin seeds (jeera)
- a pinchasafoetida (hing)
- 1/4 cupthinly sliced onions
- 1 cupmixed vegetables (french beans, carrot and green peas)
- saltto taste
- 1/2 tspturmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 1/2 tspchili powder
- 1 1/2 tspcoriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
For The Garnish
- 1 tbspfinely chopped coriander (dhania)
- In a blender, add the whole wheat and blend to a coarse paste by using approx. ½ of cup water and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon and cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and fry on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and fry on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and add the mixed vegetables and fry on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the ground wheat paste and moong dal, mix it well and fry on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and 3 cups of water, mix it well and cook for 25 min.
- Switch off the flame and allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Garnish with coriander and serve it with fresh curd.
- Energy 169 k cal
- Fiber 1.2 gm
- Fat 1.9 gm
- Protein 8.3 gm
- Carbohydrate 29.6 gm
- Vitamin A 110.5 mg
- Vitamin A 237.8 mg
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Easy South Indian Masala Dosa Recipe